5 ways to design your dream swimming pool
August 18, 2017 at 7:07 PM
Swimming pools are a wonderful addition to your home, creating a great way to spend quality time together as a family and creating life long memories.
Here are 5 ways design your amazing space -
1. Position of the pool. You should keep in mind the following points while deciding on a position for your pool
- try to build your pool in the most visible area from your living room, this way you get to enjoy seeing your pool year round and can keep an eye on older children and guests from the house
- you should optimise the sunshine and place the pool for all day sun
- ideally the exit point from the kitchen and living area should be located near the pool entry for seamless use
- invest in an automated pool cleaner to keep your pool clean without the hard work
2. Design of your pool. The key to designing the perfect pool is to make it feel like part of your home. Look at the architecture and replicate this in your pool area, using similar or complimentary products and materials.
When it comes to size and shape, think about the purpose of your pool carefully, make a detailed list of everything you hope to get out of your pool now and in the future - go through this with your pool builder/designer.
To extend your pool season (especially in Wellington, Wairarapa & Kapiti) you will want include pool heating. This can be a gas heater, electric heat pump, solar (roof or inground) or a combination of these. We use our pool 5 months of the year - Labour Weekend to Easter.
3. Surrounding of the pool. You can fit loungers, tables & chairs within the pool fence area to add function and style.
Incorporate low gardens inside your pool fencing, planting inside your pool area softens the area and looks fantastic.
Glass fencing is classy but can be expensive. If you love the look of glass but want to save money, it's a good idea to use glass fencing between the house and pool but use more affordable pool fencing on the less visible sides. Consider a solid fence for privacy or wind shelter.
The current trend is large tiling and paving, we often incorporate coloured concrete around the pool area and scribe to look like large paving stones. Make sure a non-slip sealer is used around the wet areas.
4. Pool equipment and accessories.
Pool equipment - a well set up pool is a pleasure to own. We use a selection of tried and tested quality pool equipment to automate your pool, effortlessly keeping it in top shape. We carefully chose the best value pumps, filters and sanitation to keep your pool sparkling clean.
Pool accessories make your pool experience more enjoyable and full of fun. These can include slides, steps and ladders, LED pool lighting, bubblers, pool floats and games.
5. Choosing the right swimming pool builder. The toughest part of the process can be choosing the right pool builder, so make sure you do your homework before you start.
We know that making the decision to get a pool isn’t one to be taken lightly. It’s a fantastic investment where you will spend countless hours with your family and friends, celebrating and creating lifelong treasured memories. That’s why your pool construction partner must be committed to providing you with a sensational result.
We will take care of you from the first time you contact us right through to the magical moment when you first jump into your new dream pool.